Assessment & Accountability
Director of Curriculum & Instruction
Monitoring our Academic Growth!
Tarrant City Schools takes great care to administer ongoing informal and formal assessments that accurately measure how well our students understand the curriculum. Informal assessments (such as teacher-made quizzes, tests, etc.) are given daily, while state-required tests (formal assessments) are periodically administered.
The TCS Student Assessment and Accountability department works closely with school administrators, counselors, and teachers to ensure that they understand each assessment, have the necessary professional development, and ensure that they implement/analyze the testing materials corretly.
The department is committed to:
- Working with school personnel to narrow the achievement gap and improve the graduation rate
- Working with school personnel to increase academic achievement
- Training district and school personnel on assessment administration
- Ensuring the safe storage and distribution of all district and state assessment
- Analyzing data to effectively impact daily classroom instruction
SUMMER LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Introducing Tarrant City's FREE Summer Learning Opportunities:
Grades K-3: A.S.P.I.R.E. Program, June 7- July 1, 2021
Grades 4-6: SPROUT Program, June 14- July 23, 2021
Grades 9-12: Credit Recovery, June 7- July 1, 2021
Register Today! Application Deadline: March 12, 2012
Breakfast & Lunch will be provided!
Click below for the links to start the application process.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Curriculum and Instruction at Tarrant Board of Education, 205-849-3700.
2019-2020 Student Accountability Report
Student achievement results were not reported for 2019-2020. Alabama was granted a waiver for 2019-2020 by the United States Department of Education due to COVID-19.